Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Change


Change is a good thing although we don’t always view it to be good when our circumstances start to change. Metamorphosis is, for me, a metaphor for change. I believe that in order to grow and develop as a human being we need to embrace change and this usually means letting go of something in order to take on something new.


Change can be scary. In South Africa, when Mandela came into power in 1994, many were afraid of letting their old white ways go; when he no longer was our president then many people were scared that they could not live with the next man in power because they were not sure of what changes would be made. Now that he has died we are all sad and inspired to live a life that honors what he stood for. With change comes challenges to learn from our past and to take into the future what we feel are successes.

Over time I plan to examine the different changes I have been faced with during my life. Each post will cover one of the topics that explore the many aspects of my life. The material will thus mainly be autobiographical but with the aim to reflecting on what I have gone through and learnt and to applying it to others. Maybe you are dealing with change in your life and struggling to adapt to, letting go and taking on new ways. It is my hope that what I share will inspire you to face your life with boldness and courage.


Some of the issues that I will post about will be:
·         Losing a father at six years old;
·         adapting to not having a father;
·         facing unwanted men;
·         working through androgyny to adolescence;
·         emerging from adolescence to adulthood;
·         adjusting to marriage;
·         pregnancy;
·         the first few months of motherhood;
·         meeting your baby’s personality;
·         self-esteem under fire;  
·         the challenge of raising teenagers;
·         challenging the boredom in marriage;
·         learning to live effectively with anxiety
·         coping with cancer;
·         finding my passion;
·         learning to love
·         …..

That’s all for now,
A warm smile,
Morag  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment